The DVD board game (pictured) is slated for ages 14 and up, will cost about $30 and will available at all major retailers (in fact, you can already pre-order the game on Amazon.com). There was no news on how much the Wii or DS versions of the game will cost.
The Wii features will differ from those of the board game, which we discussed in our previous post. The Wii Scene It? version will contain over 500 multiple choice questions based on movie clips, music and audio (similar to how the board game works), but will have a new user interface. According to the press release, “the new Scene It? Twilight Wii version presents a new look and feel, giving fans a great reason to play both the Wii and the DVD boardgame versions.” We’re not sure what that could be, but we’re hoping its somewhere along the lines of different version of Edward shirtless and maybe the possibility of us virtually simulating the touching of his abs.
Scene It? Twilight for the Wii will incorporate the use of the Wiimote to buzz in, instead of the controllers the board game comes with. There will also be two new gameplay modes: single and multiplayer (you're already planning a firls sleepover now aren't you?) and new scoring systems.
Though there was no news on how the DS game will differ from either of the other formats (six months is still pretty far away), we’re assuming — like most Wii to DS games — its look and functionality will remain similar. So there you go, “Twilight” fans. Edward and Bella are coming to Nintendo products near you, and now you have a new reason to buy a Wii and DS.
Konami released these tidbits about their versions of the games
Up first for TWILIGHT fans is Scene It? Twilight Deluxe Edition, the immersive DVD trivia boardgame filled with exciting new features including:
• TWILIGHT content: On-screen puzzles, movie clips, sound bytes, music and trivia questions pulled directly from the very successful first TWILIGHT film.
• All-new puzzle types: Puzzles including "Alice's Vision" and "Locker Picks," sure to satisfy both Team Edward and Team Jacob fans around the world.
• Bonus features and activities: Bonus activities like "Which Cullen are You?", and an exclusive downloadable bonus feature for hardcore fans, which provides all the planning elements for hosting the ideal TWILIGHT-themed party.
few weeks later, for the first time on Wii, fans will put their knowledge to the test to determine who will be the ultimate TWILIGHT expert. Scene It? Twilight will challenge Wii players' powers of observation, memory and puzzle solving, as it transports them to Forks, WA and creates an interactive multiplayer trivia experience brought together seamlessly on Wii. Fans can learn more about Bella Swan, TWILIGHT's heroine or test their memories on Edward Cullen, the dark and unlikely love of Bella's life.
Scene It? Twilight for Wii features will include:
• Rich-media trivia content: Over 500 multiple choice questions based on movie clips, music and audio from the TWILIGHT movie.
• New user interface: The new Scene It? Twilight Wii version presents a new look and feel, giving fans a great reason to play both the Wii and the DVD boardgame versions.
• Motion functionality: Use your Wii Remote to buzz in and beat your opponent!
• New gameplay modes: Single and multi-player modes and new scoring systems keep the game close, exciting and challenging enough to please all TWILIGHT fans.
"Konami is always looking to engage people in new means of interactive gaming experiences. The TWILIGHT film has an incredibly popular following who crave content and new media well after the movies are no longer in theaters," said Kazumi Kitaue, Chairman and President of Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. "With extensive content from the film, Scene It? Twilight will bring life to the excitement and energy surrounding the popular film in an all-new way."
"Konami's partnering with Summit and Screenlife creates a union of three great and dynamic brands," added Careen Yapp, Vice President of Licensing and Business Development of Konami Digital Entertainment Inc. "Scene It? Twilight is the perfect expansion of the TWILIGHT film, as it will be the first time fans will be able to directly interact and challenge each other within the TWILIGHT universe on Wii."
Scene It? Twilight players will be completely submerged into the TWILIGHT universe as they interact with some of the most iconic locations, characters and scenes from the first film. Fans will put their knowledge to the test to determine who the ultimate TWILIGHT expert is!
Scene It? Twilight Deluxe Edition DVD Boardgame Includes:
• Game DVD with Party Play Feature
• Flextime® Game Board
• 4 Collectible Metal Tokens
• 100 Trivia Cards
• 16 Fate Cards
• 1 Six-Sided Die
• 1 Eight-Sided Die
• Instruction Sheet
The Scene It? Twilight DVD Boardgame MSRP is $29.99, is for 2 or more players ages 14 and up, and will be available at major retailers nationwide.
Scene It? Twilight for Wii is planned for release in Fall 2009. Scene It? Twilight for the Nintendo DS will be available early 2010. For more information on the video game, please visit: www.konami.com
I haven't seen this picture anywhere else yet, so this is the package shot for the Wii game
The whole package for Scene it